The Scientific Advisory Committee of the 15th Gathering in Biosemiotics invites scholars and researchers from all over the world to submit their abstracts of presentations primarily centered on the roles and the significance of sign-processes in living systems.
We particularly welcome research that brings a novel contribution to the field in the following areas:
- Multi-level semiosis and integrative approaches
- Semiotic processes in Systems Biology
- The biosemiotics of health and disease
- Evolutionary biosemiotics
- Developmental biosemiotics
- Ecological biosemiotics
- Semiotic approaches to ethology
- The biosemiotics of language development
- Biosemiotics and cognition
- The implications and relations of biosemiotics to philosophy and humanities
Abstracts should be 300-600 words, typed using a standard word processing format (using Times New Roman 12 point font, and setting the page size for A4).
Abstracts should be submitted as single page files to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received by no later than
February 20 2015 March 15th 2015 (deadline expired). Please name the abstract file with the author’s (your) surname in capital letters, for instance SEBEOK.doc.
A full-day pre-conference workshop entitled “The Psycho-physiology of Meaning-Making” is planned for June 29Th 2015 (see the CFP here).